Your communication, such as email, competes with Facebook, the Stock Market, newspaper headlines, billboards on the road and the latest Twitter. Tough competition.
If you want to be heard, make sure your written communication is crisp and relevant. An excellent technique is the CLEAR model:
- Context: Why this communication is important to what your audience is currently doing.
- List of resources required, such as money, people, and time.
- Expectations: What wild success looks like.
- Activities: All actions needed for success.
- Return: How the message benefits your audience.
Photo Credit: iStockPhoto/kieferpix