Goals are important: If you don’t have goals, you are working for the goals of someone else.
These are the 10 most common mistakes when setting powerful personal goals:
- Not Tangible: An external observer must be able to determine if you have achieved your goal.
- Low Energy: If you think about having achieved your goal, do you feel a sensation in your solar plexus?
- Short Term Reactive: The timeline of each of your goals should be between 6-12 months.
- Too Easy: You should have a 50/50 chance of achieving your long term goals.
- Unfocused: Having 8-12 goals provides a great balance between reality and ambition.
- For Others: Don’t confuse the goals of someone else with your own goals.
- Out of Your Control: Make sure you can take ownership of the process to achieve your goal.
- No Development: Identify which new skills or behaviors are necessary to achieve each goal: Then make a goal to build these skills or behaviors.
- Depressing: Always describe the goal in positive terms.
- Lacking Perspective: Make sure that you’re very clear why each of your goals is important to you.
Why not decide today to become an unstoppable goal achiever?