If you don’t have your own goals, you will be working for the goals of someone else.
We still have seven months to go in 2023: It’s a good time to step back and take a look at your goals for this year.
A helpful concept is to view this analysis through the lens of Me, Inc: You’re the CEO of your own company, which has one employee (which happens to be you).
These are 11 questions to help you to do a strategic mid-term review of Me, Inc.
- What are my most important specific goals for 2023?
- Why are these goals important to me?
- How do I measure progress on each of these goals?
- What are all the options I have identified to achieve these goals?
- What are the boundaries I need to work within?
- How do I know I’m still operating within these boundaries?
- What do I need to strategically quit to create space/money/energy to achieve my goals?
- What are the main reasons that I would fail to achieve my goals?
- What are the ingredients of a system or process to prevent this failure from happening?
- What are the new behaviors I need to build to achieve my goals?
- What is my structure to ensure that I maintain momentum to execute key actions?